Fall foliage season is upon us in the Adirondacks and the Old Forge area has some of the best and most pristine vistas for this time of year. As Fall’s most celebrated event all over the northeast, there’s nothing better than taking in the cool fresh Adirondack mountain air and the invigorating colors of reds, purples, yellows, oranges that this magic change of the seasons offers each year. Here are five ideas for your fall foliage viewing trip to Old Forge, NY:
- Hike Bald Mountain or Rocky Mountain – these two easier hikes offer breathtaking views of the leaves surrounding the Fulton Chain of Lakes.
- Take a boat cruise on the Fulton Chain of Lakes with Old Forge Lake Cruises. www.OldForgeLakeCruises.com
- Enjoy a ride on the scenic chairlift up McCauley Mountain. www.McCauleyNY.com
- Take a drive around the Fulton Chain up the north shore of Rt. 28, stop at Daiker’s on Fourth Lake for a bite to eat while enjoying beautiful lakefront views, then continue to Inlet and down South Shore Road back to Old Forge. www.Daikers.com
- Head up to Inlet and take a seaplane ride with Payne’s Air Service. 315-357-3971