While others dread the arrival of snow, we love it here in Old Forge! Snow brings with it the best snowmobiling in the Northeast! More than 500 miles of groomed trails cascade along twist through blanketed forests and frozen lakes, creating a breathtaking winter panorama.
Here are just a few reasons why snowmobiling in Old Forge is the best:
1. Snowmobilers get to see places that can’t be accessed other times of the year.
2. The trail system is well marked and connects with all major snowmobile trail systems in Central and Upstate New York
3. Old Forge has an average annual snowfall of 177.3 inches, which is 692% more than the national average. This makes the Old Forge trail conditions one of the best in the North East.
4. There are a variety of riding conditions with an incredible number of places to stop, eat, drink, or stay, not to mention maintenance shops for all major sled brands within 15 minutes of Old Forge. Whether it’s breakfast at Ozzie’s Coffee Bar or dinner at Slickers Adirondack Tavern– you are guaranteed a delicious meal in Old Forge!
5. It’s only 200 miles from most major cities in New York, New Jersey and Ontario, Canada.
6. Hit the trails as early as possible by filling up your snowmobile in the Enchanted Forest Water Safari parking lot across from Waters Edge Inn at Enchanted Gas, which is open 24/7 and is easily accessible from Trails 1 and 5. Only credit and debit cards are accepted, so be sure to bring your card!
7. Packages & Offers exclusively for Snowmobilers! Old Forge Camping Resort offers many great packages to help you make the most of your day in Old Forge! You can see our full list of winter packages HERE.
Our sister property, Water’s Edge Inn offers many great plans and packages also!
Purchase a Full Season Permit, Weekday Season Permit, or a Seven Consecutive Days Permit to fit your needs at a reasonable price! Prices are per snowmobile and can be purchased during the Inn’s operational hours at the Tourism Information Center, making it easy to get your snowmobile on the road!
Water’s Edge Inn also offers a Snowmobile Park & Ride offer. The discount package includes a two weeknight stay for two guests in your choice of a Lakeview Double or Standard Double room. Also, enjoy dinner at one of the restaurants in the area, and a complimentary continental breakfast every morning of your stay. What’s better than a warm breakfast before a cold, snowy day on the trails?!
Town of Webb Snowmobile Permit sales will be on location at both Old Forge Camping Resort & Water’s Edge Inn!
Whether you are riding a Polaris, Ski-Doo, Arctic Cat or even a vintage sled-Come join us…winter won’t last forever!